Sunday 22 August 2010

Outward Bound



I am not sure if anyone's terribly interested, but I am off on holiday here till the beginning of September.  As the the old coastguard house, part of a row of seven (the big dark smudge on top of this Dorset cliff) has no electricity,  I shall be in radio silence.  Unable then, to answer any comments were you to be kind enough to think of making any.  There's a tempest and torrential rain forecast for tomorrow as we drive there across the fields ( who's going to open the damn gates? You guessed it) and unload food, water, foul weather gear, torch batteries, gas mantles and rather a lot of booze.
I think I might be getting too old for this game. I'll tell you later.



My son Will made a little film about the place . He introduces it like this "We shot this at one of my favorite places in the world, in Dorset. Exact location to remain a secret. Its an adaptation of a joke my dad used to tell; any excuse for a film.  And this was real micro- budget. 75 pounds for radio mics, and 25 for sandwiches and petrol!








Image © Rosie West 







11 comments:

  1. It must be that time of year - you in Dorset - and we soon to be in the Borders. I'm rather hoping for an Indian summer, by the time we go in early September.

    More creativity from your progeny - the short film was amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great time in the Borders at your Garden cottage. I am sure September will be lovely. August is often disappointing. My son will be pleased you found the film amusing. Cheap sound recording equipment couldn't keep up with the wind! And thanks for commenting before we set off..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose, I loved the film - perfect for quarter to five in the morning.

    I like the sound of a cold Atlantic gale with torrential rain as we're still in the 90s, virtually rain free, and its likely to be warm for long while yet. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a brilliant short. Setting's lovely too.
    Y'all have fun out there, now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lovely, have a great time :-) No electricity though -oh my. I'm all for a leave of absense from the internet but thats just severe! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful break Rose. The views look fabulous! If it's any consolation it's rained here for almost two days solid. Roll on the Indian summer in September. I shall attempt to pin you down to a lunch when you return. The film made me laugh too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rose, I'm sure I already left a comment here... I hope you have a wonderful break. Dorset is gorgeous. I don't know if I'd cope with no electricity!

    Loved your son's film it made me smile.

    There's a blog tag over at mine, should you wish to take part xx

    http://fashionsmostwanted.blogspot.com/2010/08/getting-to-know-you-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for WW's film. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks EVERYONE. I survived to tell the tale. Will West will appreciate your comments on his film, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hilarious movie!! My dad came from Dorset so spent all my holidays in Enid Blyton heaven clambering over the rocks, searching for treasure and trailing bearded strangers with foreign accents........happy daze!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh good, Y a H - there's nowhere lovelier than Dorset. I had many holidays there as a kid too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails