Saturday, 28 March 2009

Shabby Chic? Amusing Kitsch?



























Well not exactly. These images which would not look out of place in World of Interiors are in fact all Nevada brothels. How you perceive things is all a matter of context I suspect. These establishments are all legal incidentally.

Images from top: My Place and Simone's de Paris, Winnemuca 2003; Parlor, Shady Lady Ranch, Goldfield 2002; Ash Meadows Sky Ranch 1987; Beauty Shop, Mustang Ranch 1987; Chicken Ranch 2002; Angel's Ladies 2002; Joe and Sally Conforte Suite, Mustang Ranch 1987; Angels Ladies 2002

Taken from Brothels of Nevada Candid Views of America's Legal Sex Industry by Timothy Hursley published by Princeton Architectural Press, NY 2004

2 comments:

  1. I want to see more - these are so great - I have lots of ideas now the the grotty back end of my garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll behave in your garden once you've redesigned it, Olivia!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails